A few people have asked us how to move their photos and videos around in Timebox so we thought it would be helpful to write a post about it. There are a few different ways to do it depending upon what you what to accomplish. Here are a few scenarios:
You want to rearrange the photos and videos in a day or a story.
- Open a story, tap Edit, then tap and hold the photo (or video) you want to move (it will change shape and “float” above the story).
- Drag the floating photo to it’s new location in the story.
- You can drag a photo on top of another photo or on top of a block of text.
You can also tap and hold on the white area of a block of text to drag the text block on top of a photo.
You want to copy or paste (or share) just one photo or video.
- Open a story, tap and hold the photo you want to work with, then choose Copy, Paste or Share.
- Tap the back arrow to go back to the timeline.
- Open the destination story or tap the plus sign to add a new story, tap and hold anywhere in the story, then tap Paste.
You want to move some photos and videos from one day to another day.
- Open a story, tap Edit, tap Select, tap the desired photos to select them, and then tap Move To.
- Choose the date where you’d like to move the selected photos, tap move, then tap done.
Sometimes Move To is not allowed when you've manually added the selected photos to a story but they were also automatically added to a different story. In this case (or any other time you like) you can also:
- Open a story, tap Edit, tap Select, select the photos you want to copy, tap the share button in the lower right corner of the screen, and tap Copy from the choices.
- Go back to the timeline, open the destination story or tap the plus sign to add a new story, tap and hold anywhere in the story, then tap Paste.
For more tips take a look at the Timebox FAQ.
Contact us anytime with a question or comment and we’ll get back to you.